Live Captions is a feature available on iOS 15 or later, that automatically transcribes audio into captions in real-time. With Live Captions in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad, you can get a visual transcript of the conversation. Here’s how to use Live Captions in FaceTime on iPhone and iPad:
- Update your device to iOS 15 or later: First, make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 15 or later.
- Open the FaceTime app: Tap on the FaceTime app on your device’s home screen.
- Start a FaceTime call: Tap on the “+” button in the top right corner of the screen to start a new FaceTime call, or select a contact from your contacts list and tap on their name to start a FaceTime call.
- Enable Live Captions: Once the call has started, tap on the screen to reveal the call options, then tap on the “…” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. From the options that appear, select “Live Captions” to enable the feature.
- View Live Captions during the call: Live Captions will start to appear on the screen in real-time, as the conversation progresses. The captions will be displayed in a separate window at the bottom of the screen.
- Turn off Live Captions: To turn off Live Captions, simply tap on the “Live Captions” button again to disable the feature.
Note: Live Captions is not available for all languages and dialects. It also requires an internet connection to work properly, so make sure that you have a stable internet connection before using this feature.
How do I get Live Captions on my iPad?
To get Live Captions on your iPad, you need to have the latest version of iOS installed, which is iOS 15 or later. If your iPad supports iOS 15 or later, you can follow these steps to enable Live Captions:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPad.
- Tap on “General.”
- Scroll down and select “Accessibility.”
- Tap on “Live Captions.”
- Turn on the switch next to “Live Captions.”
Once Live Captions is enabled on your iPad, you can use it in various apps that support this feature, including FaceTime, Safari, and many others. When Live Captions is turned on, your iPad will automatically display captions for any audio or video content that you play on your device, including videos, podcasts, and phone calls. You can also customize the appearance of the captions by adjusting the font size and style.
How do I turn on Live Captions on FaceTime?
To turn on Live Captions in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Open the FaceTime app on your device.
- Start a FaceTime call with a contact.
- Once the call has started, tap on the screen to reveal the call options.
- Tap on the “…” button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the options that appear, select “Live Captions.”
- Live Captions will now be enabled for the call, and you will see the captions appear in real-time at the bottom of the screen.
- To turn off Live Captions, tap on the “Live Captions” button again.
Note: Live Captions may not be available in all languages and dialects, and it requires an internet connection to work properly. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection before using this feature.
Does FaceTime have live caption?
Yes, FaceTime does have a live caption feature that allows you to see real-time captions of what is being said during the call. This feature is available on iOS 15 or later, and it uses machine learning technology to transcribe audio into captions. To use live captions in FaceTime, start a FaceTime call, tap on the screen to reveal the call options, tap on the “…” button, and select “Live Captions.” Live captions will then appear in real-time at the bottom of the screen during the call. Please note that Live Captions may not be available in all languages and dialects, and it requires an internet connection to work properly.
Live Captions is a powerful feature that has been added to the latest version of iOS, which enables real-time transcription of audio into captions. This feature is not only available on FaceTime, but also on other apps such as Safari, Podcasts, and more. It can be particularly useful for people who are deaf or hard of hearing, as it provides a visual transcript of what is being said in real-time.
Live Captions uses advanced machine learning technology to analyze and transcribe the audio in real-time, which means that it can capture spoken words accurately and quickly. The captions appear in a separate window at the bottom of the screen, and they can be customized by adjusting the font size and style to make them more readable.
One of the benefits of Live Captions in FaceTime is that it can help you to keep up with the conversation, even if you are in a noisy environment. For example, if you are in a crowded coffee shop or on a busy street, you can still read the captions and follow the conversation without having to strain to hear the other person.
In addition, Live Captions is a valuable accessibility feature that can make FaceTime calls more inclusive for people with hearing impairments. With this feature, FaceTime can be more accessible to a wider range of people, making it easier for everyone to stay connected and communicate with each other.