By default, photos taken on an iPhone are saved in the HEIC format, which is a newer and more efficient file format than JPEG. However, some programs and devices may not be compatible with HEIC files. If you need to convert your iPhone photos to JPEG, here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Camera”.
- Under “Formats”, select “Most Compatible” instead of “High Efficiency”. This will ensure that photos are saved in the JPEG format.
- Take a new photo or find the HEIC photo that you want to convert to JPEG.
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone and select the photo you want to convert.
- Tap the “Share” icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Scroll through the options and tap on “Save as File”.
- Select “JPEG” as the file format.
- Choose a location to save the file, and then tap “Save”.
Your iPhone photo is now saved in the JPEG format. If you want to convert multiple photos to JPEG at once, you can use third-party apps such as Image Converter, File Converter, or Convert HEIC to JPG.